- I am not a member of Roots & Shoots, can I apply for a mini-grant?
- Is my project eligible for a mini-grant?
- Who is not eligible for a mini-grant?
- Are mini-grants only available to school groups?
- Are mini-grants only available to Roots & Shoots groups in the United States?
- When will I know if my application has been approved?
- How will I receive my mini-grant?
- When will I receive my mini-grant?
- Will my application for a mini-grant be approved?
- I already received a mini-grant. Can I apply for another one?
- Do I need to complete a grant report?
- What if my campaign is not completed by the final campaign report deadline?
- I missed the deadline, can I still apply?
- What if I received the grant but no longer need it?
I am not a member of Roots & Shoots, can I apply for a mini-grant?
Mini-grants are available to Roots & Shoots members only. Becoming a member is easy and it’s free! Simply register here then you will be eligible to apply for a Roots & Shoots mini-grant.
Is my project eligible for a mini-grant?
Groups are eligible to apply if they are in the United States, are members of Roots & Shoots, and leading a Roots & Shoots service learning campaign. Roots & Shoots campaigns should follow the Roots & Shoots Formula.
Who is not eligible for a mini-grant?
Individuals who have already received a mini-grant during the same calendar year are not eligible to apply until the following year. Group projects that have already received support from a Roots & Shoots mini-grant (via other members of the group, organizations or colleagues) are not eligible to receive additional grants during the same school year. Groups residing outside of the United States are not eligible.
Are mini-grants only available to school groups?
Any type of group can apply! Individuals, community groups, school groups, non-profit groups, and families leading service learning campaigns are welcome to apply.
Are mini-grants only available to Roots & Shoots groups in the United States?
Yes. To learn about opportunities available in your country, click here.
Will my application for a mini-grant be approved?
The Roots & Shoots mini-grant program has a very high application approval rate. Hundreds of groups benefit from the program each year. Successful applications demonstrate youth leadership, service learning, and community impact. Learn more by exploring the Roots & Shoots 4 Step Formula.
I already received a mini-grant. Can I apply for another one?
Do I need to complete a grant report?
Mini-grant project reports are due November 4, 2019 and can be completed at anytime. Check out the Mini-Grant Report here. Receipts of your purchases are not required.
What if my campaign is not completed by the Mini-Grant Report deadline?
Roots & Shoots campaigns come in all shapes and sizes. If your campaign continues beyond the Mini-Grant Report deadline of November 4, 2019, simply report on what you have accomplished at that time. Be sure to also include a description of your goals for the future.
I missed the deadline, can I still apply?
There are multiple deadlines each year for members to apply for a Roots & Shoots mini-grant. A limited number of grants are available each school year. If you miss a deadline, your application will be considered for the next deadline.
What if I received a grant but no longer need it?
We get it, plans can change! If you no longer need the grant you received, please email us at email@example.com so we can reallocate the funds to another group.
Still have questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org